Many mothers and grandparents have given castor oil to their kids to boost their immune system and help them recover from various illnesses more quickly. This oil has been used for centuries due to its medicinal properties.
In India, people use it for its antibacterial, digestive-soothing, and skin-healing properties.
On the other hand, ancient Egyptians used castor oil to take care of their skin and treat eye irritations.
Other popular uses of castor oil include improving hair health, relieving constipation, and increasing the count of antibodies in our body that help kill bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
The main reason why castor oil is so beneficial is because it contains ricinoleic acid.
This unsaturated fatty acid has many healing properties, including the following:
- Boosting circulation
- Supporting the lymphatic system
- Fighting skin infections and disorders
- Preventing bacteria, molds, yeasts, and viruses
- Healing acne
- Boosting hair growth
- Reducing skin itching and swelling
- Relieving constipation
- Helping to kill keratosis, ringworm, abrasions, skin inflammation, and fungal infection
- Hydrating chapped lips
Even though castor oil is extremely beneficial on its own, combining it with one another ingredient will increase its healing powers.
This ingredient is the versatile baking soda. You can combine these ingredients to make a coating that will improve your circulation and treat many other conditions.
Castor Oil Coating
Clean the affected skin area with a baking soda solution. Then, heat some cold pressed castor oil and soak a clean gauze in it. Place it on the affected area and use a plastic foil to cover it.
Finally, put a bottle with warm water on top of it, and wrap it up with a towel. Let it stay for 60 minutes. Repeat this daily for 40 days.
23 Conditions to Treat with Castor Oil
1. Sprained Ankle – wrap the area with a castor oil coating before going to bed, and let it stay overnight.
2. Minor cuts, Bruises, wounds – castor oil will speed up their healing process.
3. Stretch marks – massage your stomach and thighs with this oil during pregnancy to prevent stretch marks from appearing
4. Chronic vocal hoarseness and vocal cord nodules – apply some oil on your neck every day to treat these conditions.
5. Dark spots – use baking soda and castor oil combination to get rid of dark spots on your face.
6. Cataracts – Pour a drop of pure, organic, cold-pressed, chemical-free and hexane-free castor oil in your eye before going to bed.
7. Allergies – Consume 5 drops of castor oil in the morning to treat allergies.
8. Eye allergies – Apply some oil on the eyelid and rub it gently before going to bed.
9. Nicotine and alcohol addiction – drink a few drops of the oil on a daily basis
10. Hair growth – apply a few drops of the oil on your scalp and massage before shampooing. Do this around 20 minutes.
11. Hearing loss – pour a few drops of organic, pure, cold-pressed, chemical-free castor oil in your affected ear to improve your hearing.
12. Tinnitus – consume seven drops of this oil every day for 4 months to get rid of the unpleasant ringing in the ears
13. Back pain – apply castor oil coating on your lower back to relieve the pain. Do this every day for a week.
14. Chronic diarrhea – use castor oil coating to treat diarrhea
15. Warts – eliminate your warts by rubbing them with some castor oil every day for a month
16. Calcium deposits – apply some castor oil on your soles and massage them to remove calcium deposits. Do this on a daily basis.
17. Hepatitis – use this oil to aid the treatment of hepatitis
18. Moles – apply some oil on your mole every day for a month to remove it naturally
19. Stomach hyperactivity – use castor oil coating to treat stomach hyperactivity
20. Snoring – use castor oil coating on your stomach every day for 2 weeks to reduce and eventually stop snoring
21. Bee stings – apply some of the oil on the affected area to prevent swelling and treat bee stings
22. Pilonidal cyst – apply some castor oil on the affected area to treat this painful cyst naturally